Sunday, March 14

Beads of Blessing

Chris and I were abundantly blessed at our Baby Blessing Way get together in February. Not only were we able to purchase the FuzziBunz One Size cloth diapers and baby sling we are going to use for Mo and more, but we also have the beautiful, faithful prayers and hopes of the ladies who spoke so beautifully over the glass beads for me to wear or have nearby during the labor and birth. After the bead ceremony, my sister, Brook, asked me if I would trust her to put the beads into a piece that was more versatility in wear. Of course I agreed. She makes awesome jewelry!

The very next week, my family was celebrating February and March birthdays at my mom's. Brook presented the most stunning jewelry to me right there in the kitchen. I was in awe of admiration on the time and thought put in to designing not one, but three pieces! The beauty can be seen in these photos. It doesn't do her craftsmanship total justice until you touch the beads for yourself!
Brook took into consideration that I might want to wear and pass down these beads for years to come. Several of the beads were sort of odd shaped compared to the rest. She made a necklace that can convert into a charm bracelet. With those oddy's, she made a pair of earrings and a keychain. The keychain can be attached to make a Y-shaped drop-necklace too. She thought of everything. Thank you, Brook, for the time and love you invested in making an awesome blessing into a treasured heirloom!

No comments: