Ajay just turned 29 weeks old yesterday (going on 7 months) and he has mobility and resiliency unlike anything I've ever seen. He has been crawling for about 3 weeks and seems really excited about his newfound independence. He looks, and probably is, really serious about it.
And almost as soon as he started crawling, we found him standing up in his bed/play pen (his nursery is still a work in progress, so for now, he sleeps in the pack 'n' play...) It's a safe place to practice all this standing because when he tips over, he sort of just bounces around instead of thunking onto the wood floors.
(How cruel we are to have no carpets! We do set up a little padded play area in the living room which you can see when I will post all his standing pictures another day).
So, needless to say, Ajay loves new, softer places to explore and crawl about. When the rainy, first weeks of fall finally stopped, we were outside for some much needed fresh air and romp in the yard.
He's so cute in his first pair of soft jeans with a cozy lining. The elastic is shot, but who cares when he's got a huge Fuzzibunz diaper booty holding them on?
Ajay is zooming out of the frame for most of the latest pictures I have taken of him.
He finds the smallest things and then gives them an oral exam. I wonder what grade they get?
He is still exclusively breastfeeding, even though some may say he's "showing signs" of wanting solids. I don't think just because he reaches and tongues ever last object means he "wants" or "needs" food, do you?
I had to ask myself, "If he reached for a cigar, would I light it for him?! "
Chris and I agree that he is just imitating us and I am still able to keep up with him as far as milk-production goes!
So, he's never even had a taste of grown-up's food yet. But he does sit with us at meals and we give him a cup with a drip of water to sip out or a damp wash cloth to suck on ;-]
He's cool with this, I assure you. Don't let his serious face say otherwise!
"Please, Momma, no more pictures."



3 comments:
what a cutie!! But, whoa, 29 weeks? Time to start counting in months! I was no idea how many months 29 weeks is without doing the math, lol.
Great pictures! Baby boys are just too cute in jeans ;) He's so adorable!
going on seven months right?
these pictures are edible.
:-)
i love him.
Post a Comment